UBM Medica LLC AND CME LLC
June 29, 2009
Information We Collect About You
We protect the privacy of information that connects you as an individual to your interests in specific health topics.
Information You Provide. Generally, we do NOT collect personally identifiable information about how you use these two websites. You may choose to give us personal data such as your name or email address.
Non Obvious Data Collection Technologies. We also use common Internet data collection technologies to collect data: We use "cookies" and associated web beacons. A cookie is simply a piece of code which is placed on your personal computer to recognize the computer as it accesses our websites. Many cookies are not "personal" cookies in that they are not associated with you as an identified individual.
Cookies are also used to serve online advertising or content. We allow other companies, called third party ad servers, to serve ads that appear on our sites as well.
Please see the information under "Your Choices" for details about online advertising.
Finally, we collect log data, including IP, or Internet Protocol, addresses used to access our websites, and other routine information about your browser and pc capabilities. We use this data to administer our systems. We or third party ad servers may use the information to limit the number of times you see a particular ad, to target information or ads on a geographic basis or to display ads in the format best matched to your pc's capabilities. We do not associate this log and technical capabilities data with your account in the routine course of our business.
How We Use Information You Choose to Give to Us
If you choose to provide personally identifiable information to us, for example, if you give us your name, contact information, email address or anything similar, we will use that information only for the purpose you give it to us, for example, to answer your questions or provide the information you request.
Disclosure to Other Companies
We do not disclose information that identifies you to others for marketing purposes unless we ask your permission first.
We reserve the right to disclose personal data at any time:
- to investigate potential unauthorized access or misuse of our services,
- to protect our assets or rights,
- in response to valid legal process,
- to vendors that process data on our behalf, or
- as part of a merger or an acquisition by or other transfer to a third party of some or all of our business assets.
Please note that you may choose to disclose your personal information and your views in various of our online venues, for example, chat, online communities, or forums. This Policy does not protect those disclosures.
You can stop receiving any newsletters or information that you have requested by following the directions at the bottom of the email.
You may use the tools in your Internet browser to delete cookies, ours as well as any other company's, at any time.
We do not control the cookies which other companies and their third party ad servers use to display ads to you on our websites.
- We currently allow DoubleClick (www.doubleclick.com/privacy/index.aspx) to serve our ads to our pages. Please visit their website for more information about the technologies they use and their privacy practices.
- We currently allow the following third party ad servers to serve ads on other companies' behalf: Google Ad Sense (www.google.com/privacy_ads.html), and BBN (www.bbnnetworks.com/privacypolicy.html). These ad serving companies may serve ads on behalf of online advertising networks. Please visit their websites for more information about the technologies they use, their privacy practices, and the choises each offers.
- Many of the third party ad serving companies that serve ads to our websites are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, The NAI offers useful information and a single place to turn off ad serving from all its members.
We may update the List without changing this Policy itself. Online advertising technologies and business models are evolving. We urge you to check this section for changes regularly.
Online advertising technologies and practices, including behavioral advertising, are evolving. We may add to this list of third party servers from time to time without changing the effective date on this policy. Please check here periodically.
Children Under 13
The three websites, www.healthieryou.com, www.healthempowermentinitiative.com and www.getpatientwise.com covered by this Policy are not intended for children 13 or under
UBM Medica uses reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect personal information against theft, loss, or misuse. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or storage can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information about you and your professional interests, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you submit to us, and you do so at your own risk. You remain responsible for protecting your user name and passwords and for the security of information in transit to us over the Internet.
Changes to This Policy
We may change the provisions of this policy from time to time and urge you to check back here periodically. Your continued use of any of the websites or pages within the scope of this policy will be your acceptance of the version of the policy in place at the time of your visit.
If you have questions about this policy or its use, please contact [email protected].
UBM Medica LLC
Harborside Financial Center, Plaza 3
Jersey City, NJ 07311